This is Not a Healthy Market
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on November 7th, 2012
The market is anything but bullish right now. While we are still up significantly year-to-date, and are only down 5% from the year high, but we have been seeing clean distribution in the market for a while now. And with earnings coming in weak and the possibly of a recession in the horizon, being long has not been the trade since the start of earnings season.
And its clear the market isn’t healthy yet. There has been no bullish pattern. The RSI has not shown any bullish divergences and the ATR has been moving up, which is never a good sign. The volume on the downside has also been heavier as of late.
The only bullish thing going for the market now is that is still above the 200 day and the fact that we’re now too far off the highs. But that’s no reason to buy. Best to wait for better conditions now.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Has Coal Bottomed?
- Running Into Resistance Once Again
- Are Higher Rates Really Good For Financials?
- Japanese Equities Are Looking Bearish
- Is Apple About To Turn Higher?
- Damn Gold, Back At It Again!
- Have Negative Interest Rates Hurt Stocks?
- Hanging On By A Thread
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death