This is Not a Healthy Market
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on November 7th, 2012
The market is anything but bullish right now. While we are still up significantly year-to-date, and are only down 5% from the year high, but we have been seeing clean distribution in the market for a while now. And with earnings coming in weak and the possibly of a recession in the horizon, being long has not been the trade since the start of earnings season.
And its clear the market isn’t healthy yet. There has been no bullish pattern. The RSI has not shown any bullish divergences and the ATR has been moving up, which is never a good sign. The volume on the downside has also been heavier as of late.
The only bullish thing going for the market now is that is still above the 200 day and the fact that we’re now too far off the highs. But that’s no reason to buy. Best to wait for better conditions now.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Are Treasuries On The Verge Of A Breakout?
- This Is A BTFD Market Until Proven Otherwise
- Small-Cap Underperformance Is Concerning
- Is The NASDAQ In Need Of A Pullback?
- Is Yahoo Headed Towards A Selloff?
- Should You Be Freakin’ Long Here?
- Stocks Priced In Gold Are Getting More Expensive
- This Is Why Ballmer Just Paid $2 Billion For The Clippers
- Is Gold Volatility About To Ramp Up?
- Is Oil About To Breakout To Higher Prices?
- Is The Bond Rally Really That Surprising?
- Has Amazon Topped or Is This Another Buying Opportunity?
- Can It Get Better Than This?
- The Equity Widowmaker Continues
- What’s Going On In Markets?