Median vs Average Income In Swing States
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on November 3rd, 2012
With the election right around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to see how the recovery in income has been in the “average swing state”. The states I used are Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. These are considered the closet states. Some would argue Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, and Arizona could be argued as swing states as well, but I just consider these “weak conviction states” (states that will only swing if the winner sweeps, like Obama in 2008).
Below you will find 2 charts. The first is the Average “Per Capita Personal Income” for the 10 states (basically average income). Below that, you will see the “Median Income” of these 10 states. There is a Standard error for the median income stat, but I chose to ignore it just to keep things simple.
So without further ado, here are the 2 charts.
Per Capita Personal Income (2000-2011)
As you see, the average income hit a new high last year by $730. Showing a strong recovery.
Median Income (2004-2011)
On the flip-side, the Median income is still below the 2008 peak by almost $1000. This suggest a more tepid recovery in income.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death
- What Have The Markets Done & Where Can We Be Heading?
- Return From Hiatus!
- The Sky Is Always Falling: Why All Economic News Is Bad
- Is Alibaba About To “Pull a Twitter”?
- Some Long-Term Charts To Keep An Eye Out For
- Are Defense Stocks Better Than Gold?
- Time To Enjoy Some Sam Adams?
- When Was The Last Time The Market Tripled?