Is Bitcoin Bubblicious?
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on April 4th, 2013
A financial bubble is when a price for a security rises far above its actual value. Now, we can argue the Fundamentals of Bitcoin all day long and make bold calls. But I’m not going to use this blog post to do that (that’s what the internet was for on April 3, 2013). Instead, I’d like to take a simpler approach. Below are charts of major/well-known bubbles. See if they look anything like the recent Bitcoin run.
(Up almost 1000% Year-to-date to the current high)
The infamous Tulip-mania bubble
(Start to High Return: 5,900%)
The South Sea Bubble
(Isaac Newton return from 1st exit to high: ~500%)
(1999-High return: 150%)
And now I’ll leave you with the traditional chart with the classic annotations of a typical bubble.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Hanging On By A Thread
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death
- What Have The Markets Done & Where Can We Be Heading?
- Return From Hiatus!
- The Sky Is Always Falling: Why All Economic News Is Bad
- Is Alibaba About To “Pull a Twitter”?
- Some Long-Term Charts To Keep An Eye Out For
- Are Defense Stocks Better Than Gold?
- Time To Enjoy Some Sam Adams?