I See Cheaper Gas In The Future
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on May 1st, 2012
To everyone who reads my blog, I have been pretty busy over the past few weeks with Earnings Season and School. Earnings season is still in full swing and my blogging is likely to be limited mainly to the weekends.
One thing I’ve noticed is the very similar pattern of gasoline when compared to Last year. There are a couple of things that are similar to last year which gets me thinking that we might see cheaper gas in the future.
- Big run up from the previous year into the end of quarter one of the current year.
- Run-up caused by speculation/premium of Supply decreases and future possible shocks. (Arab Spring Last year, Iran this year)
- Improving economic numbers in the new year.
- Strong momentum in risk markets (thus strong/similar technical patterns).
- Gasoline Demand peaking earlier in the year and not in Summer (saw a stat earlier this month that said it has been happening for 3 years straight now)
These thing have led me to believe that we could see a decent drop in the price of gasoline in the following few months is very possible. The charts are even looking the same, however, there is a major negative divergence occurring as well in the RSI and MACD indicators. I don’t use these indicators too much but when the patterns are very identitcal, it is hard to not look at them.
$RB_F – Gasoline Futures
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Has Coal Bottomed?
- Running Into Resistance Once Again
- Are Higher Rates Really Good For Financials?
- Japanese Equities Are Looking Bearish
- Is Apple About To Turn Higher?
- Damn Gold, Back At It Again!
- Have Negative Interest Rates Hurt Stocks?
- Hanging On By A Thread
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death