I See Cheaper Gas In The Future
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on May 1st, 2012
To everyone who reads my blog, I have been pretty busy over the past few weeks with Earnings Season and School. Earnings season is still in full swing and my blogging is likely to be limited mainly to the weekends.
One thing I’ve noticed is the very similar pattern of gasoline when compared to Last year. There are a couple of things that are similar to last year which gets me thinking that we might see cheaper gas in the future.
- Big run up from the previous year into the end of quarter one of the current year.
- Run-up caused by speculation/premium of Supply decreases and future possible shocks. (Arab Spring Last year, Iran this year)
- Improving economic numbers in the new year.
- Strong momentum in risk markets (thus strong/similar technical patterns).
- Gasoline Demand peaking earlier in the year and not in Summer (saw a stat earlier this month that said it has been happening for 3 years straight now)
These thing have led me to believe that we could see a decent drop in the price of gasoline in the following few months is very possible. The charts are even looking the same, however, there is a major negative divergence occurring as well in the RSI and MACD indicators. I don’t use these indicators too much but when the patterns are very identitcal, it is hard to not look at them.
$RB_F – Gasoline Futures
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- What Exactly Is Economic Growth?
- Bonds Are Hanging On For Dear Life
- Should Bill Ackman Buy Back Into JCPenney?
- Silver Is Looking To Crash
- Was Good News Really Bad News?
- Is The US Headed Towards a Recession?
- Enjoying The Low Energy Prices?
- Is The Dollar Setting Up For a Massive Run?
- Don’t Buy This Market Breakout!
- Is Macy’s A Buy?
- One Undeniably Bullish Fact Of This Bull Market
- Why The Level Of Public Debt Doesn’t Matter
- No, Don’t Freak Over Treasury Bill Market
- If The Market Sells Off, Should You Blame D.C. Or This Trendline?
- Has a Major Topping Pattern Formed In Google?