Hope You’ve Not Been Holding Emerging Market Currencies
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on August 20th, 2013
If you’re reading this, I hope you have not been holding any emerging market currencies. Emerging markets have been taking a beating recently, and their currencies have been especially getting hit. Part of this has to do with the fact that markets are expecting a $FED taper, however, some of it has to do with some structural/fundamental issues. Also, don’t forget about the market aspect. Once a train gets going and catches momentum, its hard to step in front of it and stop it. The US Dollar somehow gets an ill-deserved bad rap about being volatile and or crashing, however, the following currencies will have your heading spinning. Below are a handful of emerging market currencies that have seen a tumble over the recent weeks that have led to multi-year lows or all-time lows relative to the US Dollar ($USDX, $DX_F).
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- When Was The Last Time The Market Tripled?
- Was That The Dip?
- Are A Few Asian Markets Ready To Breakout?
- Are Treasuries On The Verge Of A Breakout?
- This Is A BTFD Market Until Proven Otherwise
- Small-Cap Underperformance Is Concerning
- Is The NASDAQ In Need Of A Pullback?
- Is Yahoo Headed Towards A Selloff?
- Should You Be Freakin’ Long Here?
- Stocks Priced In Gold Are Getting More Expensive
- This Is Why Ballmer Just Paid $2 Billion For The Clippers
- Is Gold Volatility About To Ramp Up?
- Is Oil About To Breakout To Higher Prices?
- Is The Bond Rally Really That Surprising?
- Has Amazon Topped or Is This Another Buying Opportunity?