Hope You’ve Not Been Holding Emerging Market Currencies
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on August 20th, 2013
If you’re reading this, I hope you have not been holding any emerging market currencies. Emerging markets have been taking a beating recently, and their currencies have been especially getting hit. Part of this has to do with the fact that markets are expecting a $FED taper, however, some of it has to do with some structural/fundamental issues. Also, don’t forget about the market aspect. Once a train gets going and catches momentum, its hard to step in front of it and stop it. The US Dollar somehow gets an ill-deserved bad rap about being volatile and or crashing, however, the following currencies will have your heading spinning. Below are a handful of emerging market currencies that have seen a tumble over the recent weeks that have led to multi-year lows or all-time lows relative to the US Dollar ($USDX, $DX_F).
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Has Coal Bottomed?
- Running Into Resistance Once Again
- Are Higher Rates Really Good For Financials?
- Japanese Equities Are Looking Bearish
- Is Apple About To Turn Higher?
- Damn Gold, Back At It Again!
- Have Negative Interest Rates Hurt Stocks?
- Hanging On By A Thread
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death