Hope You’ve Not Been Holding Emerging Market Currencies
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on August 20th, 2013
If you’re reading this, I hope you have not been holding any emerging market currencies. Emerging markets have been taking a beating recently, and their currencies have been especially getting hit. Part of this has to do with the fact that markets are expecting a $FED taper, however, some of it has to do with some structural/fundamental issues. Also, don’t forget about the market aspect. Once a train gets going and catches momentum, its hard to step in front of it and stop it. The US Dollar somehow gets an ill-deserved bad rap about being volatile and or crashing, however, the following currencies will have your heading spinning. Below are a handful of emerging market currencies that have seen a tumble over the recent weeks that have led to multi-year lows or all-time lows relative to the US Dollar ($USDX, $DX_F).
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- A Modest Proposal For The Minimum Wage Debate
- What Exactly Is Economic Growth?
- Bonds Are Hanging On For Dear Life
- Should Bill Ackman Buy Back Into JCPenney?
- Silver Is Looking To Crash
- Was Good News Really Bad News?
- Is The US Headed Towards a Recession?
- Enjoying The Low Energy Prices?
- Is The Dollar Setting Up For a Massive Run?
- Don’t Buy This Market Breakout!
- Is Macy’s A Buy?
- One Undeniably Bullish Fact Of This Bull Market
- Why The Level Of Public Debt Doesn’t Matter
- No, Don’t Freak Over Treasury Bill Market
- If The Market Sells Off, Should You Blame D.C. Or This Trendline?