Do Fed Announcements Mark Major Market Tops & Bottoms?
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on September 30th, 2013
Do Fed announcements mark major market tops and bottoms? The Federal Reserve ($FED) gets a lot of attention. A LOT. Some of it is warranted, and some of it is just media hype. However, I’ve noticed that some Fed announcements have marked major tops and bottoms in the market. Some of the announcements have not been perfect, but some have been right on the dot (almost to the day even). Below is a weekly chart of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF ($SPY) with the major $FED announcements highlighted (like the many quantitative easing programs).
Have the aggressive actions by the Fed caused these markets bottoms and tops? Or has the Fed just been getting lucky/unlucky with the timing? Personally, I think it’s a mixture of both. What do you think?
$SPY Weekly chart
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- No, Government Spending Is Not Exploding
- Now THIS Is Resistance
- Stocks Keep On Trucking
- Rooting For A Choppy January
- Is Gold About To Move Higher?
- Predictions for 2014
- The Best & Worst Performing Industries of 2013
- The 2013 Chart Of The Year
- Will 2014 Mark the Return of Market Volatility?
- A Bearish Pattern For Bitcoin?
- This Chart Nearly Disproves The Myth Surrounding Unemployment Insurance
- A Modest Proposal For The Minimum Wage Debate
- What Exactly Is Economic Growth?
- Bonds Are Hanging On For Dear Life
- Should Bill Ackman Buy Back Into JCPenney?