Do Fed Announcements Mark Major Market Tops & Bottoms?
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on September 30th, 2013
Do Fed announcements mark major market tops and bottoms? The Federal Reserve ($FED) gets a lot of attention. A LOT. Some of it is warranted, and some of it is just media hype. However, I’ve noticed that some Fed announcements have marked major tops and bottoms in the market. Some of the announcements have not been perfect, but some have been right on the dot (almost to the day even). Below is a weekly chart of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF ($SPY) with the major $FED announcements highlighted (like the many quantitative easing programs).
Have the aggressive actions by the Fed caused these markets bottoms and tops? Or has the Fed just been getting lucky/unlucky with the timing? Personally, I think it’s a mixture of both. What do you think?
$SPY Weekly chart
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry "TheArmoTrader" Khachoyan is currently an active trader, investor, market commentator, and Finance-Twitter participant. He started being involved with financial markets in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and an understanding of macro to determine his trades and investments. He graduated UCLA with a degree in Political Science in 2013. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- Hanging On By A Thread
- It Pays To Wait
- When A Failed Recovery Is All Right
- Is The US Dollar Setting Up For Another Big Run?
- There’s One Commodity Surviving The Recent Slaughter
- Oil Is In a Bear Market & It’s Looking Like It Will Stay There
- You Probably Shouldn’t Freak About The Weakness In Manufacturing
- Gold Is Still Looking Like Death
- What Have The Markets Done & Where Can We Be Heading?
- Return From Hiatus!
- The Sky Is Always Falling: Why All Economic News Is Bad
- Is Alibaba About To “Pull a Twitter”?
- Some Long-Term Charts To Keep An Eye Out For
- Are Defense Stocks Better Than Gold?
- Time To Enjoy Some Sam Adams?