Do Fed Announcements Mark Major Market Tops & Bottoms?
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on September 30th, 2013
Do Fed announcements mark major market tops and bottoms? The Federal Reserve ($FED) gets a lot of attention. A LOT. Some of it is warranted, and some of it is just media hype. However, I’ve noticed that some Fed announcements have marked major tops and bottoms in the market. Some of the announcements have not been perfect, but some have been right on the dot (almost to the day even). Below is a weekly chart of the SPDR S&P 500 ETF ($SPY) with the major $FED announcements highlighted (like the many quantitative easing programs).
Have the aggressive actions by the Fed caused these markets bottoms and tops? Or has the Fed just been getting lucky/unlucky with the timing? Personally, I think it’s a mixture of both. What do you think?
$SPY Weekly chart
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- When Was The Last Time The Market Tripled?
- Was That The Dip?
- Are A Few Asian Markets Ready To Breakout?
- Are Treasuries On The Verge Of A Breakout?
- This Is A BTFD Market Until Proven Otherwise
- Small-Cap Underperformance Is Concerning
- Is The NASDAQ In Need Of A Pullback?
- Is Yahoo Headed Towards A Selloff?
- Should You Be Freakin’ Long Here?
- Stocks Priced In Gold Are Getting More Expensive
- This Is Why Ballmer Just Paid $2 Billion For The Clippers
- Is Gold Volatility About To Ramp Up?
- Is Oil About To Breakout To Higher Prices?
- Is The Bond Rally Really That Surprising?
- Has Amazon Topped or Is This Another Buying Opportunity?