At The Crossroads…
- Posted by TheArmoTrader
- on March 28th, 2012
Earlier this month we saw bond yields ”spike“. However, they have recovered fairly nicely. But bonds are about to hit a crossroads. Is this just a normal retracement that is going to lead to the new down leg in bonds (and thus give equities another boost) or was this just a buy in the dip opportunity?
Below is the chart of 30 Year U.S. Treasury Bond futures. As you see, there are 3 distinct areas/levels. We have the ~135 area which has been support. The 140 area is a clear inflection point while the ~145 area has been resistance. If 140 is not reclaimed and is rejected, I think the 135 area is likely to break. The more an area gets tested, the higher probability it has to break, especially with the equity market grinding to new highs.
30 Year U.S. Treasury Bond ($ZB_F)
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Jerry Khachoyan is currently an undergraduate student at UCLA pursuing a degree in Political Science. He started trading in September of 2008. He concentrates on using technical analysis and reading the tape to enter the best risk/reward trades. The stock market to him is one of the greatest inventions by man.
- One Year After Its IPO, Is Facebook Finally a Buy?
- What I’m Looking For In Apple
- What’s On The Horizon For Natural Gas?
- The Fed Should Just Print Money & Send It To People
- Banks Are Underperforming The Market
- Why The Jobs Report Is The Most & Least Important Economic Data Release
- Apple Got Its Bounce….Now What?
- The Hyperinflation Bet Never Made Sense
- Paging Dr. Copper
- Has The Market Just Been Consolidating For A Decade?
- How Much of Our Energy Spending is Gas?
- Gold’s Last Stand?
- Gas Prices More Than Stable
- X Marks The Spot
- Is Bitcoin Bubblicious?